Our team of dedicated Travel Law solicitors recently took instruction from a client whose luxury holiday to Turkey was ruined by holiday illness.
Mr Field booked a two week stay at the Barut Arum Hotel in Side, Turkey with tour operators TUI UK LTD in September 2015.
Poor Food Hygiene Standards
Unfortunately, within the first few days of his stay at the 4* hotel, Mr Field noticed that food hygiene standards were not to an acceptable standard.
Our client reports:
• Buffet Style food service which was often tepid in temperature and left uncovered for extended periods of time.
• A lot of flies around the eating area
• Food appeared to be reheated
• Certain food were being recycled for use in other meals
• Members of the catering staff were not wearing gloves when handling the food products
• Hot food was being added to trays containing cooler food of the same type.
• Drinks served tasted as if they were watered down
• Ice in drinks which were believed to be made from local tap water
As Mr Field had booked the holiday as an all-inclusive package deal, he had paid in advance for the hotel to provide his daily meals. However, after a few occasions of eating here, our client began to feel unwell.
Mr Field complained of suffering symptoms including diarrhoea; stomach pains and vomiting, as well as nausea and fatigue.
Whilst in Turkey, our client sought medical attention from the hotel doctor and was taken to hospital where he was administered with an intravenous drip. Mr Field was discharged from hospital the following day.
Our expert Travel Law team managed to secure a total of £3,050 in holiday illness compensation for Mr Field
Holiday Illness Claims – Expert Advice
If you believe that your holiday illness symptoms are linked to poor hygiene standards within your package deal hotel, you may be entitled to holiday illness compensation. There are certain steps that you could take in support of your claim:
•Note all important dates
•Report any hygiene issues to your holiday rep
•Document any suspected poor hygiene (e.g. photo, video)
For further information on compensation for illness abroad, please take a look at our ‘Package Holiday Claims’ page.
To discover how much compensation you could be entitled to, call our expert team of travel law solicitors today for instant answers. Whatever your experience with holiday sickness, we may be able to help. We offer you a FREE no-obligation consultation. Call 0800 888 6 888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.