Free, Instant, no obligation advice from our friendly solicitors

Request a call back now


Call us today


Accidents At Work

Call us on
0800 888 6888
or email

Call us on 0800 888 6888 or email


Accidents At Work

For further information, call 0800 888 6888 or email

Have you been injured in an accident at work?
Claim MAXIMUM personal injury compensation today...

Here at Hampson Hughes Solicitors, we understand that making a claim for an accident at work can be a daunting prospect. Many people feel anxious about claiming against an employer but you are actually claiming against your employers’ insurance policy. We can guide you through this process making it as straightforward and easy as possible.

So, if you feel your employer could have done more to prevent your workplace injury, contact our expert team of accident at work solicitors today. We may also be able to help if you are self-employed and you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault whilst carrying out contracted work.

What are accident at work claims?

Accidents at work claims arise when employers fail to protect their employees from hazards in the workplace. The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 places a duty on all employers “to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work” of all their employees.

The act outlines the following key points that employers must ensure:

  • The safe operation and maintenance of the working environment, plant and systems
  • The maintenance of safe access and egress to the workplace
  • The safe use, handling and storage of dangerous substances
  • The adequate training of staff to ensure health and safety
  • The adequate welfare provisions for staff at work

The full Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 can be found via

What can you claim for?

Who are you claiming against?

You are claiming against your employers’ insurance policy. All employers are legally required to have adequate insurance in place to cover them in the event of an accident at work. This means that they will not be paying your compensation out of any company profit. Rest assured any reputable employer will recognise that your claim is not personal; you are merely exercising your right to seek compensation, which will aid your recovery and reimburse you for any financial losses you have sustained as a result of the accident. Please note, the insurance company will deal with the claim on behalf of your employer, so your employer will not be conducting the claim themselves.

What if...?

  • You are an agency worker
    It doesn’t matter if you are full-time; part-time; on a short-term contract or are a temporary worker.  All employees are governed by the same health and safety at work regulations and have the same right  to pursue a claim for personal injury compensation if the accident was a result of negligence in the  workplace.
  • You are self-employed
    Most self-employed workers assume that accident at work claims do not apply to them. The reason  being, if they work for themselves, how can somebody else be held responsible for their work related  injuries? And, more importantly, who can they claim against? When it comes to compensation claims,  self-employed workers do fall into a different category from company employees. However, while  self-employed workers are responsible for their own safety, there are instances in which they may be  able to pursue an accident at work claim if their injuries were caused as a result of somebody else’s  mistake or negligence.
  • The company has gone out of business
    If the company you were employed by at the time of your accident is no longer trading it is still possible  for a claim to be made. You can still claim compensation from the insurer who issued the employers’  liability insurance policy, which was in force at the time of your accident.

Who can make an accident at work claim?

Anyone can claim for workplace injury compensation; however the following 3 criteria must be met:

You must have sustained an injury in the accident at work (as we act for personal injury claimants)

Your injury must be as a result of negligence by your employer

The accident has to have taken place in the last 3 years (although minors can claim from three years after their 18th birthday)

Workplace Injury Claims - Specialist advice

If you have suffered as a result of a non-fault accident at work, Contact Us today.

For Further
Information call 0800 888 6888 or email

See our latest
Accidents At Work

  • Kitchen Porter Receives £2,187 after Workplace Fall

    Read More
  • £15,000 Awarded to Client Involved in Workplace Accident

    Read More

Welcome Back

We noticed on your last visit you didn't finalise your details, for your convenience we have kept your details as you left them.