Free, Instant, no obligation advice from our friendly solicitors

Request a call back now


Call us today


Slips, Trips, & Falls

Call us on
0800 888 6888
or email

Call us on 0800 888 6888 or email


Slips, Trips, & Falls

For further information, call 0800 888 6888 or email

Have you had a Slip, Trip or Fall?
Claim MAXIMUM personal injury compensation today...

At Hampson Hughes Solicitors, our expert personal injury solicitors are here to help. If you have suffered an injury caused by a slip, trip or fall, you could be entitled to compensation. Contact our team of personal injury solicitors today.

What are Slip, Trip & Fall Claims?

Our expert personal injury solicitors have helped many people who have been injured after a slip, trip or a fall in a public place. If the slip, trip or fall was caused by factors beyond your control, you stand a chance of being compensated for personal damages suffered. You can determine who is liable for a claim based on where the accident occurred. For example, If you slip on a pavement that is cracked or uneven, the council could be liable.

What can you claim for?

Who are you claiming against?

Your solicitor must establish who the other party is, who was legally responsible for the accident and that your injuries resulted from that accident. In some cases, such as tripping over discarded rubbish in a public place, it may not be immediately obvious who is to blame. If you are not certain who caused the accident you may still be able to make a claim. Hampson Hughes Solicitors have successfully made slip and trip compensation claims against parties including employers, retailers and local authorities. In many instances, the responsible party is insured for injuries caused and we liaise directly with the insurance company who provide their cover.

Who can make a Slip, Trip or Fall claim?

Anyone can claim for workplace injury compensation; however the following 3 criterias must be met:

You must have sustained an illness or injury or had an existing illness or injury exasperated as a result of medical negligence (as we act for personal injury claimants).

The illness or injury must be a direct result of someone’s negligence (as we will claim on the defendant’s insurance).

The incident must have taken place in the last 3 years (although minors can claim from 3 years after their 18 birthday).

What are the common types of Indoor Slip, Trip and Fall claims?

The occupier of a property is obliged to take reasonable steps to ensure visitor safety. Unreasonable exposure to risk occurs where the occupier fails to respond appropriately to a potential hazard. If you believe that your injury is the result of unreasonable exposure to risk, we can help.

Supermarkets & Shops

  • Inadequate lighting
  • Stock, pallets, or boxes left in the aisle
  • Spills, where a warning sign is not clearly visible

Office Buildings

  • Exposed cables or wiring
  • Damaged flooring (e.g. torn or loose carpeting)
  • Slopes (where a warning or ground-tread is not provided)

Public Access Premises

This include places like cinema, restaurant, hotel, hospital, gym, school etc…

  • Loose rugs or mats (e.g. in foyers and lobbies)
  • Wet floor due to weather conditions (no warning sign)
  • Obstructed view of hazards (e.g. due to advertising boards)

What are the common types of Outdoor Slip, Trip and Fall claims?

Depending on the circumstances of your claim, negligence may be attributed to a private land owner or to a local authority. If you are unsure as to whether you have a claim, and if you do not know whether a private land owner or a local authority is to blame, we can help.

Private car park

  • Inadequate lighting
  • Potholes & raised areas
  • Surface water & surface ice

Public pathways

  • Poorly maintained surfaces
  • Hazards relating to utility works
  • Inadequate lighting (faulty lamp posts)

Public roads & pavements

  • Potholes and raised road surfaces
  • Loose or removed maintenance covers
  • Raised or loose paving (including gutters)

How much is your Slip, Trip or Fall claim worth?

The amount of compensation you will receive will depend on the type and extent of the injury or injuries you sustained during the accident. Here are some of the most common road accident injuries:

  • Cuts, abrasions, and bruising
  • Facial injuries
  • Broken bones
  • Head and brain injuries
  • Spinal cord injury
  • Internal injuries

You can find out an estimate of how much compensation on average your injury is worth with our compensation calculator – but please note, this is only a guide.


Gathering evidence to support your Slip, Trip or Fall accident

If you have yet to gather any evidence, you may be unsure where to begin. Our expert team of personal injury solicitors can help – upon accepting your claim, we will advise you on the specific types of evidence that will be beneficial in progressing your claim. However, there are many general types of evidence that are likely to form the basis of your claim, such as:

  • Location
  • Date and time
  • Photograph or video of the scene
  • The cause of your slip or trip (e.g. wet surface, defective paving, etc.)
  • Contact details of the land owner or the attending company representative
  • Witness details

For more information and to find out if you have a slip, trip or fall claim, contact Hampson Hughes Solicitors.


For Further
Information call 0800 888 6888 or email

See our latest
Slips, Trips, & Falls

  • £1,250 Compensation Secured for Trip Over Kerb

    Read More
  • £1,250 Awarded for Non-Fault Accident in Shop

    Read More
  • Over £7,700 Secured for Slip at Private Residence

    Read More
  • £35,000 Compensation Awarded for Bus Related Injury

    Read More

Welcome Back

We noticed on your last visit you didn't finalise your details, for your convenience we have kept your details as you left them.