Man Loses Arm & Leg in Accident at Work
A father of newly born twin girls has had his arm, leg and several toes amputated after he suffered an electric shock in an accident at work incident.
Jamie Mines was placed in an induced coma following the incident in Swindon, Wiltshire on Monday 19th December. He remains in a critical but stable condition.
During the accident at work incident, the 33 year old suffered a severe electric shock as he was working on five-meter high scaffolding. The exact details of the situation and which company Mr Mines was working for at the time of the incident have yet to be released.
In the 24 hours following the accident, friends and family of Mr Mines managed to raise a total of £15,000 through a Go Fund Me page. The money is to be used to help aid the father of two’s recovery.
Close friend of Mr Mines, Ian Kennedy, 32, from Swindon, said:
“It’s really tough for the family. They were looking forward to their first Christmas together.
“The girls had to open Christmas presents on their own without their dad. I have known Jamie for years as we’ve played football together.
“It is just crazy that the donations are being made from people that didn’t even know him.
“It came as a shock to everyone that it had happened and over Christmas doctors didn’t know how severe his injuries were but then had to amputate his leg and hand to save his life.
Mr Kennedy went on to say:
“The doctor said if he wasn’t so fit, he probably would have died.”
Accident at Work – Expert Advice
Accident at work compensation may be available if you have been injured in an accident at work that was not your fault. Your accident at work compensation claim could also include any instance of illness linked to your past or present working conditions. More information can be found via our ‘Accident at Work’ page.
To begin your accident at work claim, contact us today. Remember, we offer you a FREE no obligation-consultation. Call 0800 888 6 888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.