Successfull form submission tick

Thanks for your details!

One of our legal specialists will review your details and call you back within 24 hours to discuss this further.

Alternatively to speak to a specialist
for FREE call us now on 0800 888 6888

Woman Victim of Acid Attack in Southampton City Centre

A woman has had acid thrown over her face and upper body on Friday of last week (September 25th).

Unprovoked Attack

Mother of 6, Carla Whitlock, suffered facial burns during the attack which doctors say could leave her blind in one eye. Witnesses to the incident, which took place outside the Turtle Bay restaurant in Southampton City Centre, described how they could visibly see Miss Whitlock’s face melting as the corrosive acid was thrown at her.

Speaking to the Daily Mail from hospital this week, Miss Whitlock told of her attack and how she is now trying to come to terms with how her life has changed forever. She said:

“I’m just concentrating on getting my sight back and getting my face cleaned up a bit, that’s all I can really think about at the minute.

“I’m okay. My partner’s helping me a lot so I’m just trying to manage as best as I can.

“It’s changed my life completely. It’s changed everything.

“It’s painful. My eyes are swollen at the moment.

“It’s going to get more painful before it gets better. It just feels like someone is stabbing me in the eyeball all the time.”

She added:

“I would like to say thank you very much to the bouncers outside of Turtle Bay because the efforts that they made is why I have got sight in my left eye.

“Everything they did, that is why I do have that sight so I would like to thank them for that.

“I don’t remember the fire service coming.”

As well as the damage to her skin and eyes, Miss Whitlock is also struggling to speak properly due to acid entering her mouth during the attack. The 37 year old has already undergone a corneal graft operation; this involves a transplant via the removal of part of the cornea and replacing it with one from a donor.

Suspects

Following the attack, the police are looking for two brothers, Billy and Geoffrey Midmore, who were seen fleeing the scene at the time of the attack. Police have issued stills of the brothers, taken from CCTV inside a McDonalds around 36 hours after the incident.

Miss Whitmore has told police that she had known both brothers for a short while before the attack. In the early hours of Saturday morning, one of the brothers, Geoffrey Midmore, posted the following on his Facebook account: ‘I’ve done something really f****** bad it’s a really mad ting sad ting’ (sic).

And a couple of minutes later, a second status update followed, saying ‘What have I done’.

Despite warrants being carried out in the Medway area of Kent, the Midmore brothers have still not been located.

Will Whale, Detective Inspector of Hampshire Constabulary, leading the hunt for the brothers, said today:

“We have executed warrants in the Medway area of Kent and are working closely with our colleagues in Kent Police and the Metropolitan Police Service in the search for Billy and Geoffrey Midmore.

“Hampshire officers have travelled to Kent and the Met area to work closely with them and further this investigation.

“The victim is now out of hospital, but her injuries are life-changing and horrific.

“So far, the public has been fantastic in coming forward with information to help us, but we need you to help us find these men who we believe were involved in this horrendous attack.

“Our message to them and to those who may be helping them is there is no hiding place.

“Anyone who is harbouring the Midmores or has assisted them since the weekend will be found.

“If you have helped them run, given them a vehicle, financed them, or even communicated with them without telling us, you are now involved in the investigation.

“You will be arrested and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. We urge you to give them up now.

“If you were in the Guildhall Square in the group that was involved in this attack and you haven’t come forward yet, you will be a suspect.

“Come forward and speak to us.

“We are checking CCTV in Kent and making extensive enquiries in that area.

“The CCTV we are releasing today shows both Midmore brothers at 2.44pm on Sunday, about 36 hours after the attack.

“We know that on the night of the assault they caught a train to Basingstoke directly after the attack but were back in town the next day and visited McDonald’s at Swaythling.

“They appear on the CCTV looking relaxed, confident and smirking.

“Help us find them. If you think you have seen them or know where they are, do not approach them. Call us on 101 immediately, quoting Operation Interstate.”

Criminal Injuries – Expert Advice

We understand that if you have been subjected to an act of violence, your thoughts will turn to making a full recovery – compensation will likely be the last thing on your mind.

There is however a government scheme that provides compensation to victims or their families at this tragic time. The scheme is called CICA (The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority). Once your claim is accepted by Hampson Hughes Solicitors, we will liaise with CICA on your behalf.

If you would like expert advice on this type of case, contact Hampson Hughes Solicitors today on 0800 888 6888 or email claims@hampsonhughes.com

Source: Mail Online

Why use Hampson Hughes

At Hampson Hughes Solicitors we believe that if you have been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault you deserve access to legal support. Our objective is to ensure we recover the maximum amount of personal injury compensation you deserve. We can help secure access to expert rehabilitation services to ensure that you have the quickest recovery possible. We can ensure you are compensated for any losses you may have suffered, from out of pocket expenses to loss of enjoyment and loss of earnings as a result of your personal injury.

Free Advice

We offer a free legal consultation
to every potential client

No Win No Fee

Many of our claims are offered on
No Win No Fee payment terms

Check your claim

Our free compensation calculator
allows you to check your claim estimate

Claim Process

Each case will have its own individual elements to consider, but the general process for pursuing a compensation claim with Hampson Hughes involves the following steps.

Our 6 steps
to justice

1

Initial Enquiry

Once you get in touch, we can offer you a free consultation with the relevant specialist solicitor for your case.

2

Case Acceptance

Should we advise your claim is worth pursuing, and you choose our services, we will begin claim preparation.

3

Medical Records

We will help you to access and obtain all of the required medical evidence in support of your compensation claim.

4

Negotiation

Once we have submitted the claim to the defendant, we can begin negotiations on reaching a settlement.

5

Court Proceedings

Should no settlement be reached, your claim will proceed to court with a view to obtaining a favourable settlement.

6

Outcome

Should your claim be successful and compensation be awarded, you should receive it within 14-28 days.

Start Your
Claim Now!

Get In Touch

Take the 30 Second Claim Test

Find out if you qualify to make a
No Win No Fee claim for injury compensation.

Hampson Hughes Stats

We’ve established a great track record in our industry having helped many clients with their personal injury or medical negligence claims. Here are some of the key numbers that tell our story so far.

9/10

of our clients were
completely satisfied

9/10

of our clients would
use us again

9/10

of our clients would
recommend our services

50M

in compensation
won for our clients

Take the 30 Second Claim Test

Find out if you qualify to make a No Win No Fee claim for injury compensation:

Check online | Instant answer | Know where you stand

Try The Test
Screenshot of the Claim Test used to check if you have a claim
Call us FREE on
0800 888 6888
or request a call back
contact us