Free, Instant, no obligation advice from our friendly solicitors


Request a call back now


Please leave this field empty.

or

Call us today

0800 888 6888
START YOUR CLAIM NOW
Please leave this field empty.

Landlord fined for Carbon Monoxide exposure risk

A Manchester-based property company has been fined after putting tenants in a home in Ashton-under-Lyne at risk.

Rent4U Ltd was investigated and prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive for the condition of the boiler in the house. HSE classified the state of the boiler as ‘immediately dangerous’ as it exposed the tenants to the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. The residents of the house, which is located on Marlborough Street, are a woman and her young son.

It transpired that Rent4U had been served with two improvement notices by the HSE in 2013 after failing to arrange annual gas safety checks in two other properties. For this particular house, they had not arranged one from 2007-14.

Fines

Trafford Magistrates’ Court fined Rent4U Ltd, of Christie Way, Christie Fields a sum of £4,000 and ordered the firm to pay £7,000 in costs. The landlord pleaded guilty to breaches of the Gas Safety Regulations 1998.

If the property you are living in is in a state of disrepair, whether dangerous or unsanitary, do not hesitate to contact our team for specialist advice on 0800 888 6888 or email info@HH-law.co.uk.

Welcome Back


We noticed on your last visit you didn't finalise your details, for your convenience we have kept your details as you left them.