Newlyweds Fall Ill on Honeymoon in Sharm el Sheikh
Newlyweds Stacey and Marc Wilson were left distraught after their ‘dream honeymoon’ to Sharm el Sheikh was ruined by holiday illness.
Severe Holiday Illness Symptoms
Just days after arriving at the 4* resort, Coral Sea Aqua Club, Stacey, 24, began to suffer feelings of nausea and stomach cramps, as well as diarrhoea and vomiting. According to the couple, the severity of Stacey’s holiday illness symptoms meant that she could not venture far from their hotel room and so could not fully enjoy the leisure facilities on offer at the hotel.
Despite the Egyptian resort’s rating, the couple claim there was a smell of sewage near the pool and that the toilets were often poorly sanitised.
Dream Honeymoon – Ruined
The couple also allege food served in the restaurant of the hotel of an evening appeared to be the same food served earlier that day, only re-heated. They noticed that food that had been left sitting out a while was often topped up with new food rather than replaced and that crockery and cutlery was often unclean. As well as this, they claim food was left uncovered for long periods of time, despite there being flies in the restaurant.
Stacey, who had travelled to Egypt with her new husband and six year old daughter, eventually had to be hooked up to an IV drip at the hotel clinic as her symptoms continued. The newlywed was also given anti-biotics to help ease her holiday illness, however after returning home she claims she is still suffering:
“This holiday should have been a time to celebrate our wedding with our daughter, but it was completely ruined by the illness that I suffered.
“I spent days staying close to my room due to the awful symptoms, which meant I couldn’t spend as much time as I would have liked to with my husband or daughter.
“We’ve been left devastated by this experience and it was the worst holiday that we have ever been on.”
“Hopefully, by taking legal action we will get some answers about what happened and I hope that other people don’t have to go through what I went through.
“I am sad that my honeymoon was ruined and the awful memories will stay with us for life.”
Thomson, the company through which the holiday was booked, released the following statement to MailOnline Travel:
“We are sorry to hear of the Wilson’s experience during their holiday to Egypt.
“As we understand this case is now subject to legal proceedings it would be inappropriate for us to comment further.
“The ultimate priority for Thomson is the health, safety and comfort of all our customers. We operate stringent health and hygiene procedures in line with industry standards.”
Holiday Illness Claims – Expert Advice
Shiamli Mehta-Cronie, Head of Holiday Illness Claims at Hampson Hughes Solicitors, said:
“Hampson Hughes is currently instructed by numerous clients who have also fallen victim to the poor standards of hygiene at this resort.
“Tour operators need to be held accountable for the failures of their hotels and resorts. Deficiencies in hygiene standards breed infection and cause outbreaks of holiday illness causing symptoms of sickness, stomach cramps, diarrhoea and dehydration.
“I would encourage anyone who has fallen ill whilst on a package holiday at this hotel to contact our dedicated holiday illness claims team for expert and friendly advice on whether they may be able to make a successful no win no fee claim for compensation.”
If you have suffered illness whilst staying at the resort mentioned in the above article, or for more information as to whether or not you are able to claim compensation following illness whilst on an all-inclusive package holiday, contact Hampson Hughes today for free and friendly, no obligation advice on 0800 888 6888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org