Rolf Harris: New Historic Sexual Abuse Allegations
Rolf Harris, 86, has appeared via video link at Southwark Crown Court to enter a plea of not guilty in response to eight fresh allegations; seven allegations of indecent assault and one allegation of sexual assault. This includes one alleged instance of indecently assaulting a disabled woman on hospital premises.
Rolf Harris: previous conviction, 2014
In July 2014, Harris was convicted on 12 counts of indecent assault against four girls, for which he is currently serving a jail sentence in Stafford Prison. When added together, the individual sentences for each of the 12 counts amount to over a decade in prison. However, some of these convictions were set to be served at the same time, resulting in a total jail time of 5 years and 9 months.
Harris faces eight new charges
Seven complainants have alleged fresh charges against Harris, six of the complainants allege indecent assault, while one of the complainants alleges separate counts of indecent assault and sexual assault.
The new allegations:
- 1971, indecent assault, girl under the age of 14
- 1977, indecent assault, girl under the age of 14
- 1977, indecent assault, woman aged 16 or over
- 1978, indecent assault, woman aged 16 or over
- 1983, indecent assault, girl under the age of 14
- 2002, indecent assault, woman aged 16 or over
- 2004, one count of indecent assault, one count of sexual touching, woman aged 16 or over
The alleged assaults occurred at locations including BBC Television Studios in West London, the Lyceum Theatre in Covent Garden, Radio Victory in Portsmouth, and a park in Cambridge. A court date has been set for January 9th, 2017, by Judge Alistair McCreath.
Rolf Harris timeline
- 1952 Arrives in England aged 22, as a student at City and Guilds of London Art School
- 1953 First appearance on BBC as a regular children’s show presenter
- 1959-1965 Records singles “Tie me kangaroo down, sport”, and “Jake the Peg”
- 1967 The Rolf Harris Show launches Harris as an entertainer throughout 70s
- 1994 Presenter of Animal Hospital, which airs until 2003
- Glastonbury Festival – appearances in 1993, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2009, 2010, and 2013
Sexual abuse claims – expert advice
If you would like further information on sexual abuse claims, contact our dedicated team of solicitors today for expert advice and guidance. We guarantee your anonymity at all times. Discover how we could help you, call 0800 888 6 888 or email email@example.com