If you have been the victim of sexual abuse, what you need to know is that there is discreet and pro-active help available – and that you are not alone.
Sexual Abuse in the UK
Statistics released in conjunction by the Ministry of Justice, the Home Office, & the Office for National Statistics give an outline of reported cases:
- Adults (16+) 2.5 per cent of women and 0.4 per cent of men claim to have experienced a sexual offence (including attempts) within the previous 12 months. This represents an average of around 473,000 adult victims of sexual abuse per year.
- Minors The number of reported cases of sexual abuse involving minors has increased by an average of 10% since 2005-2009, with the most recent statistics citing almost 6,000 reported cases per year.
The Sexual Offences Act 2003 is the UK judicial system’s primary reference resource in relation to Sexual Abuse cases in the UK – we are here to guide you through this compensation process, and to ensure that you have immediate access to the specialist counselling that you feel is necessary.
Physical & Psychological – Types of Sexual Abuse
The spectrum of sexual offences ranges from instances of verbal abuse or indecent exposure, to more severe cases including sexual abuse and rape.
Your experience may involve any of the following:
- Sex trafficking
- Child sex abuse
- Domestic violence
- Voyeurism & indecent exposure
- Unwanted touching & molestation
- Abuse of the elderly (e.g. care-home)
- Abuse from those in positions of power
- Psychological trauma (including threats of sexual abuse)
We are here to provide you with expert and confidential guidance – during your no obligation FREE consultation, we will give you the immediate answers you need in order to move forward.
How We Can Help You – Claiming with Hampson Hughes
If you have experienced sexual abuse, you could be entitled to claim compensation for any related financial impact, including:
- Transport costs
- Loss of earnings
- Necessary medication(s)
- Costs associated with counselling
- Rehabilitation costs (e.g. physical therapy)
Hampson Hughes Solicitors specialises in directing sexual abuse claims in a considerate and compassionate manner.
For an open and friendly conversation about your situation, and to find out how we can assist you relevant to your individual experience, call or email our dedicated team today – you will be given the direct-dial of your case handler, meaning that you will always be able to reach the person you need.